Thursday, March 15, 2012

St. Jude Thaddeus

Thursday... a special day for the devotees (like me) of St. Jude Thaddeus.  Who is St. Jude Thaddeus?  Why do people flock every Thursday and do novena prayers?...

St. Jude Thaddeus is known as the patron of desperate or hopeless cases.  He is generally shown with an image of our Lord upon his breast.  Based on his pamphlet, there are many ways of gaining his favor.  Some devotees make a weekly Holy Hour at his Shrine.  Others make novenas in his honor by assisting at Mass and receiving Holy Communion on nine (9) consecutive days.  Still others invoke him daily.  It matters not the method used to obtain his intercession just so one proves himself worthy of divine favor. You just need to pray wholeheartedly and sincerely.  Aside from attending mass and praying novenas, you can also light some candles and pray for your petition.   Candles come in different colors such as brown (health), blue (career), yellow (general), green (spiritual), and pink (love). 

my own pamphlet

I also think that he is the patron of students.. because I have observed that students often visit him and make novenas especially during a major examination.  They will even bring their pens, papers,and envelopes to be blessed.  Others also believe that single women pray to St. Jude Thaddeus for a happy lovelife.  There are also people who ask for good health and physical healing.

As for me, I always believe that St. Jude Thaddeus, through God's divine intervention, never fail to answer my prayers and petitions.  I always seek his help and protection in every hard situation I am in, desperate or not.  Ofcourse, I never forget to thank him for all the blessings I receive. Writing this article is my own little way of spreading his goodness and miracle.

Surely, there are moments in our lives that we are faced in (or will be facing) a difficult situation.  Thank God for St. Jude Thaddeus, who gives us hope that even in the most desperate cases of our lives, there is something positive to look foward to.

To see a short prayer to St. Jude Thaddeus, click here.

Happy Thursday everyone! ^v^



No comments: