Friday, March 23, 2012

Milestones ^v^

Yesterday was a big day for our office.  A mass was held in celebration of its 115th Founding Anniversary.  I have not mentioned before that I am working in the government.  Yes, I am a public servant (^v^).  I have been here for almost 10 years...  (that's already a milestone on my part.. lol!). 

My appointment was dated April 30, 2002 (that would be one month from now.. yey!).  It left me wondering what have I accomplished for myself after 10 years.  Well, there are many changes that took placed.  I got promoted thrice, awarded with a house and lot (from NHA), finished my master's degree, got married, and had a baby.  It may sound easy but really it's no bed of roses.  There are times when I had no motivation to go to work.  It got boring for a while. Every day is like a routine.  This is the time when I decided to go back to school. It took a lot of determination, focus, and patience on my part to pursue my studies.   It was in December 2007 that I earned the degree on Master in Public Administration. Finally, I graduated.  All my hardwork paid off .

Let me also share with you... that I am a "no newbie" in the field of public service.  I have been formerly elected as a Barangay Kagawad (Councilman) in our district.  I was the youngest who won during our term.  I served our barangay for five (5) years.  It was definitely a humble and learning experience.  I got a chance to see what real life is all about. I have also learned to mingle with different kinds of people (from politicians to the less privileged ones).  I also gained a lot of inaanaks (godchildren) during those days.  I considered this milestone as one of my achievements in my life.

Working in the government is like a privilege for me.  It is also an advantage to mothers like me since you only work for eight (8) hours (the usual schedule of an ordinary government employee).  You have  weekends to bond with your family.  There are vacation and sick leaves in case of emergency and filial obligation plus official holidays to spend with the family.  There are also some downsides though.  In terms of  monetary consideration, it really depends with the agency you are employed to.  I know you can earn more in private companies especially if you are an achiever.  But when it comes to job stability, I guess working in the government is a wise move.

After 10 years, the ball will roll again.  Hopefully, I will still be here to write again on what transpired to another 10 years of my life... Looking forward to a brighter future, all the best for our family. ^v^


No comments: